Company : American Express
Website : www.americanexpress.com
Eligibility : Bachelor’s Degree
Experience : 2-3 years
Location : Bangalore
Job Role : Data Engineer
Company Profile :
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community.
Job Description :
• Install, configure and maintain SQL Server 2016, 2014 and 2012 versions.
• Knowledge on configuring different high available solutions like mirroring , Clustering , Always On Availability groups, Replication and Log shipping.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
• Knowledge on postgres databases.
• Monitor SQL Servers and databases health and performance
• Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
• Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
• Provide suggestions for solutions
• Troubleshoot day to day DBA activities.
Required Skills :
• Able to understand Agile practices.
• On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server for a year. You don’t have to be the only DBA or have DBA in your job description, but you should have been the one person that the company would call if the SQL Server service stopped working.
• On-call troubleshooting for SQL Server service outage
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.